There is something so easy about just hitting the alarm in the morning, rolling over, and going back to sleep. Who really wants to be in class when the weather is amazing outside anyway? And with Spring Break coming up, it can be extra hard to stay focused and get to class.
Here are 5 ways that are sure to help you jump out of bed in the morning so you won’t miss a thing in your classes!
1) Schedule Classes Later– If you are fully aware of the fact that you are not a morning person, and have a terrible track record of making it to 8:00 classes, then steer clear from signing up for them. If later classes are full, look into an on-line class. Or, if you want the best of both worlds, look into Butler’s blended learning experience.
2) Research Instructors- If multiple instructors are offered for a subject, ask former students and advisors who they would recommend. Be sure to get one that teaches to fit your learning style.
3) Get More Sleep- Sometimes it’s hard to shut out the world and just go to bed when the world is happening right outside your door. But going to bed will help you to maintain an energy level needed to be a successful morning person. Check out these tips to improve your sleep- your body will thank you for it!
4) Plan Your Snoozes- If you are like me, you know that without a doubt you will hit that snooze button in the morning. However, instead of letting it put you behind schedule, plan for it. I have my snooze set to last ten minutes. So, I simply set my alarm 10 minutes earlier.
5) Enroll With A Friend- Ask your friends what classes they are taking. Not only will they make the class more enjoyable, but they will also help to keep you on top of homework and studying for tests.
***Ideas were inspired from http://www.survivingcollegelife.com/