Happy President’s Day!
No matter what politicians try to do to cover themselves, everyone has a few skeletons in the closet. So I surfed the web to find a few interesting facts about our 44 presidents, and these were my favorite.
- At his inauguration, George Washington had only one tooth.
- John Quincy Adams swam nude (weather permitting) in the Potomac River every day.
- James Buchanan- One of his eyes was nearsighted and the other farsighted. As a result he always cocked his head to the left.
- Ulysses Simpson Grant could not stomach the sight of animal blood. Rare steak nauseated him.
- Also, while president, Grant was arrested for driving his horse too fast and was fined $ 20.
- William Howard Taft, who weighed 332 pounds, got stuck in the White House bathtub the first time he used it. A larger one was ordered.
- Woodrow Wilson: His second wife, Edith, was a great-granddaughter of Pocahontas, seven times removed.
- The “S” in Harry S. Truman is just an initial; it doesn’t stand for anything.
- Gerald Rudolph Ford was a model for Cosmopolitan and Look magazines in the 1940’s.
- Ronald Wilson Reagan was a Hollywood actor before becoming involved in politics. He made more than 50 movies, mostly westerns or action pictures.
- George Herbert Walker Bush: In 1992, while at a formal dinner in Japan Bush became ill and vomited on the prime minister of Japan, then fainted.
- George W. Bush was once part owner of the Texas Rangers baseball franchise.
- Barack Obama does not like ice cream as a result of working at an ice cream shop as a teenager.
And one of my favorite quotes was said by good ‘ol Honest Abe himself:
That quote always cracks me up!
So I must ask you, what are some interesting things that you know about our presidents?